Connecticut Water is proud of its charitable and community giving achievements. We support local civic organizations, community activities and nonprofit organizations by providing financial contributions, sponsorships, in-kind and volunteer support. We believe it is an important part of our mission to be a good corporate citizen, and encourage employee engagement to make a positive difference in the communities we serve.
We partner with organizations and efforts which are coordinated and aligned with business goals, maximize opportunity for community engagement, corporate visibility and demonstrate social responsibility:
- Activities that directly impact our customers, through support of important community needs and activities;
- Support for residents in our service towns that may be experiencing financial hardships through donations to or collections for food pantries, veterans’ organizations or other service organizations;
- Organizations that promote environmental or water conservation education and initiatives and scholarships for career development in the water profession, e.g. schools, scouting or events with civic groups; Watershed or land conservation organizations or cleanup events;
- Activities that promote the development of clean, potable drinking water in underserved areas or the professional associations that represent public water supply education interests; and
- Activities within the criteria above that promote employee involvement and community engagement.
The list is not intended to be all inclusive, but to provide guidance on the goals and intent of the program. They do not include or limit all factors that can be considered. Requests that do not specifically meet the above criteria may be considered and approved at the discretion of the Charitable and Community Giving Committee or an officer of the company.
Requests That Are Not Eligible:
- Groups that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, sexual preference, religion, national origin, or any other status protected by law.
- Individual Requests (Must be a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization.)
- Prior funding may disqualify a current request.
How to Make a Request:
Please allow 4 weeks for review and approval.