Benefits of Our Combination with SJW Group
Connecticut Water is now part of the SJW Group family, a utility company 100-percent focused on delivering exceptional public water and wastewater service. We will continue to operate as Connecticut Water and you will continue to be served by the same employees from our local work centers around Connecticut.
We will continue to be regulated by the Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) and be subject to all the public health and environmental laws of the state of Connecticut.
Customers will see an immediate benefit from our combination with SJW Group, such as:
- An immediate, one-time 2% credit of approximately $13 for our average customer who uses 14,000 gallons of water per quarter will be applied to water bill starting in October 2019. More information
- Municipal fire accounts will receive a 5% credit in 2020 to reduce pressure on local budgets.
- There will be no change in “basic service” or “water usage” rates before January 2021. Applicable fees and surcharges, such as Water Infrastructure and Conservation Adjustment (WICA) and Water Revenue Adjustment (WRA) authorized by PURA, and Connecticut Department of Public Health fees may be adjusted.
- A minimum of $300,000 in efficiency savings created by bringing the companies together will be used to reduce future rate increases for 10 years.
- No costs related to the transaction will be passed onto customers.
- No Connecticut Water employees are losing their jobs as a result of the combination and we will continue to have our local offices and teams serving our customers and communities.
There are many other long-term benefits because we are now part of a larger organization with increased buying power, greater financial and technical resources, and the support of additional passionate, skilled water professionals across the organization.
Please see Delivering Benefits to Customers and Communities for additional benefits.
The entire list of 79 commitments that benefit customers, employees, communities, and the environment can be viewed here.
Information for CTWS shareholders on the closing of the transaction