General Rate Case Information
Connecticut Water has filed an application with Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) to amend rates.
- The application was filed to recover more than $265 million in infrastructure investments made in systems that are not in current rates
- The application proposes a reduced rate for eligible low-income customers
- The application proposes rates to encourage water conservation
- The requested increase would be about 35 cents more per day for bill for typical residential customer
- The application and its proposals are subject to an extensive review process by PURA with input from the Office of Consumer Counsel, the Attorney General and the public
- PURA's review may take up to 200 days, with approved rates going into effect following the review
For our January 15, 2021 press release on the application, click here.
This page will be updated through the process to provide customers information on PURA's review process and the status of the application.
For more about Connecticut Water, click here: Connecticut Water Company Summary 2020-2021
Connecticut Water's H2O Customer Assistance Program and COVID-19 Payment Plans will remain in place.
Questions? Call our Customer Service team at 1-800-286-5700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org