Connecticut Water has a Corporate Responsibility Committee comprised of a cross-functional team of employees who review the company’s commitment, success and leadership in:
- fostering socially responsible programs and policies;
- enhancing environmental stewardship, sustainability, and asset management; and
- consolidating the company’s efforts to conduct our business affairs as a responsible corporate citizen.
It does this by engaging all Connecticut Water employees in the process by taking their ideas and suggestions and seeing them through to implementation.
The Committee explores the best means of accomplishing initiatives that are suggested by employees. These include:
- Video Conferencing to reduce travel between locations, thereby reducing our footprint, reducing expenses, and saving valuable employee time
- Improving Fuel Efficiency of Fleet/Company Vehicles
- Conducting Energy Audits at facilities
- Considering Alternative Energy/Green Building Practices
- Exploring Work Commute Options
- Customer Assistance Programs
- Installing demonstration xeriscape gardens
On Earth Day (April 22, 2012) Connecticut Water issued its first Corporate Sustainability Report. The Corporate Sustainability Report highlights the success of the Company in conducting its business operations in a manner that respects the natural environment and values service to customers, communities, employees, and shareholders. The Corporate Sustainability Report is available for viewing online or download.