Connecticut Water now offers a Water Rate Assistance Program (WRAP) for income-eligible customers. It is the ﬁrst program of its kind offered by a water utility in Connecticut. Through WRAP, income-eligible customers can get a 15% reduction on their water bill, excluding Linebacker service. Customers may also qualify for our H2O Customer Assistance Program and Operation Fuel offerings.
WRAP complements our existing H2O and Operation Fuel assistance programs. For more information on our ﬁnancial assistance programs, please visit ctwater.com/H2O or call us at 1.800.286.5700.
Guidelines for WRAP
- Approval from Operation Fuel or Town Social Service Office based on what the local agency deems meet the eligibility requirements is required. The company typically uses income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level Guidelines as modified from time to time.
- Customer will need to apply every 2 years
- When customer moves they will need to apply again for the new account
- Customer can have WRAP, H2O and Operation Fuel
- Only Residential customers are eligible for WRAP
- Both Tenants and Owners are eligible
- Once accepted the new rate will be effective on the next bill cycle
- Company can remove customer at any point from the program
- All requirements related to timely payment, interest charges, payment schedules and terminations continue to apply to customers in the WRAP program
Customers may also qualify for our H2O customer assistance program and the Operation Fuel offerings.
Download the WRAP Customer Eligibility Checklist
Note, this form is designed to help social service agencies collect the necessary information to qualify customers for the program. Please complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.